Insurance adjusters are focused on reducing the amount of money you can recover for your injuries. From your first call to report your injury, insurance adjusters begin looking for ways to shift blame and reduce the value of your claim or eliminate it altogether.
What does this mean for you? You need a fighter in your corner. Haines Law, P.C. is led by an attorney with years of experience and insight. Our Pasadena distracted driving accident lawyers take on tough cases for our clients and navigate them through every step of the process. With our proven prowess in the courtroom and skillful negotiations, you can trust your case to our car wreck lawyer in Pasadena with confidence.
Steps to Take Following an Accident
It is a common misconception that you do not need to report an accident to your insurance company if you were not at fault.
- Step One: The first step to take after a car accident is to get yourself to safety. Make sure that you are not injured before you relocate yourself, and call the police or an ambulance if there are any injuries sustained by others involved in the Pasadena car wreck.
- Step Two: Document the accident and be as detailed as possible. Make sure that you take pictures of anything that happened to you or the other person’s vehicles, property damage, details such as the other vehicle’s make, model, and license plate number, witnesses, and the overall scene of the car accident.
- Step Three: Regardless of the situation surrounding your accident, call your insurance company and report it as soon as possible. If you wait too long to report the car accident, your insurance might have reason to deny you coverage.
- Step Four: It is also in your best interest to see a doctor or physician as soon as possible to ensure that any sustained injuries are addressed.
Why am I Scared to Drive After a Car Accident?
A car accident can be a traumatizing experience and may cause severe anxiety or fear in the following days. Many individuals experience fear of driving after being involved in a car accident. This is also known as “vehophobia” and can be considered as a form of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Reporting an Auto Accident
Insurance companies may take the things that you say in your initial report after a car crash and try to use them against you. The following are a number of helpful things to think about when reporting a car accident to your insurance company:
- Be upfront about your injuries – don’t self-diagnose, but be sure to mention the existence of any injuries
- Stick to the facts – don’t embellish or add extraneous details; these could be used against you
- Only answer questions asked of you – don’t give the insurance agent more than they asked for
- Decline to make a recorded statement – You are not required to give a recorded statement, and it can be used against you later
- Do not settle or sign any checks – the first settlement presented is almost always well below what you deserve
The insurance company is not on your side! The goal of most insurance adjusters is to get you to settle for less than your claim is actually worth. That’s why it’s crucial that you speak with an attorney as soon as possible after your accident, preferably before you speak with your insurance company. Our distracted driving car crash attorneys can guide you through the accident claim process, advising you of what to say and how to interact with your insurance adjuster.
What Types of Compensation Can You Recover from the At-Fault Party?
Our distracted driver accident lawyers are committed to representing victims of crashes in Pasadena and throughout Greater Houston. We know the rules of the game and use them to your advantage when you hire us. Our goal is to maximize your recovery while resolving your claim as efficiently as possible.
We can fight to help you recover the following and more:
- Loss of income
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Ambulance fees
- Permanent disability
- Loss of wages
- Loss of future earning ability
Call a Distracted Driving Attorney in Pasadena for Help with a Claim
Our car wreck lawyer in Pasadena doesn’t waste time in developing a strong claim. We get to work right away gathering facts and supporting evidence while you recover from your injuries. When the time comes to pursue legal action, we are ready to stand up against big insurance companies.