The Importance of Taking Photos After a Car Accident
Chaos is an understatement when it comes to describing the aftermath of a car accident, especially if there are injuries as a result. Getting caught up in the moment isn’t uncommon, though it is important to remember to keep a cool head. Following a car accident, the most important thing you can do after checking the safety of your passengers as well as all others involved is to take photographic evidence of all that has transpired. Luckily, thanks to our cell phones, we have a camera at the ready almost all of the time. Succumbing to the shock and failing to take these photos can result in disastrous consequences in the future.The following are important things you should take pictures of following a collision:
- Property damage, including anything that happened to you or the other person’s vehicles, damages to other objects or buildings, and damages to roadways or signs.
- Injuries of all involved
- Nearby traffic signs, especially if the accident occurred at a major intersection
- Important details such as the other vehicle’s make, model, and license plate number, as well as the other driver’s license, insurance, and registration information
- Witnesses, police officers who arrived at the scene, and the other driver
- The overall scene
Contact Our Houston Car Accident Attorneys
At Haines Law, P.C., our Houston car accident lawyers are committed to doing everything in our power to deliver our clients the most beneficial results possible. Regardless of how long or challenging the process may be, we feel it is absolutely vital to fight for the justice you deserve. We want to be there for you in your time of need–you won’t regret having our top-rated legal team on your side throughout the entirety of this process. Call (281) 975-0031 at your earliest convenience.
Learn more about car accidents:
- Can We Prevent Speed-Related Truck Accidents
- Safe Driving Tips for Holiday Travelers
- What to do After Being in a Car Wreck
- I Was in a Car Accident. Should I File a Report?
- Who is at Fault for the Truck Accident?